LAS VEGAS – The Latest on a shooting at a picnic for employees of a Las Vegas Strip casino-resort (all times local):
Police say a man who shot two executives, killing one, at a picnic held for a group of employees at a Las Vegas casino-resort was a card dealer at the property.
Police Capt. Robert Plummer says authorities are still looking for 42-year-old suspect Anthony Wrobel, who had worked at The Venetian for 15 years.
Casino operator Las Vegas Sands Corp. is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of Wrobel.
Authorities have said Wrobel walked up to a table at a park Sunday and shot the two executives.
Police say 54-year-old Mia Banks, vice president of casino operations, died and Hector Rodriguez, executive director of table games, is in stable condition.
A Las Vegas Strip casino-resort says two of its employees shot at a picnic had been with the casino since its opening and the resort has increased security measures and is offering counseling to employees.
The Las Vegas Sands Corp., which operates the luxury casino-resort The Venetian, releasing a statement Tuesday that said the Venetian’s vice president of casino operations Mia Banks, who was killed in the Sunday shooting, had been with the company since 1999.
The company said executive director of table games Hector Rodriguez, who was injured and is being treated at a hospital, has also been with the resort since its founding.
Police say a disgruntled Venetian employee Anthony Wrobel shot Banks and Rodriguez.
The company called it a targeted and senseless act of violence and said it is cooperating with police.
Nevada authorities have identified a woman who was killed when a man opened fired at picnic held for a group of employees at a Las Vegas Strip casino-resort.
The Clark County Coroner’s Office said Tuesday that 54-year-old Venetian executive Mia Banks was killed after she was shot in the chest and head Sunday at a park near the Las Vegas airport.
Las Vegas police Officer Larry Hadfield declined to release the identity Tuesday of another man who was injured. That man was a Venetian employee in his 50s.
Hadfield said police are still searching for Venetian employee Anthony Wrobel and believe he specifically targeted Banks.
No attorney or publicly listed phone number was immediately available for Wrobel.
Las Vegas Sands Corp. operates the luxury casino-resort on the Strip. Spokesman Ron Reese did not immediately return a message seeking comment Tuesday.