Seven Ugandan family members die in house fire

Last Updated on

()

Seven people from the same family were killed by a fire when it ravaged their grass thatched hut in the eastern Ugandan district of Bukedea, a police spokesperson said on Wednesday.

Michael Odongo, East Kyoga Regional Police spokesperson, said that the incident happened after a jerrycan containing petrol caught fire at Amutoro village in Bukedea trading centre at 20:00 local time.

He said the woman, who was cooking from outside their hut carried the charcoal stove inside the house leading to the deadly fire.

“The seven died of horrific burns. The family has been dealing in illegal business of selling petrol,” said Odongo.

Odongo said the charred bodies were taken to Aturutur Hospital for a postmortem before handing them to the relatives for burial.

(Xinhua/NAN)

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating / 5. Vote count:

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

As you found this post useful...

Follow us on social media!

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Advertisements