Two years after filing for divorce, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have reached a custody agreement over their six kids.
“A custody arrangement was agreed two weeks ago, and has been signed by both parties and the judge,” Jolie’s attorney, Samantha Bley DeJean, told Entertainment Tonight in a statement on Friday.
“The agreement, which is based on the recommendations of the child custody evaluator, eliminates the need for a trial,” the statement continued. “The filing and details of the agreement are confidential to protect the best interests of the children.”
A rep for Pitt had no comment when reached by Fox News. A rep for Jolie did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.
The former power couple — who were together for 12 years before ultimately calling it quits in 2016 — share sons Maddox, 17, and Pax, 15, along with daughters Zahara, 13, and Shiloh, 12, as well as 10-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
According to the outlet, citing court documents, a private custody trial had previously been set to start on December 4th.
However, with an agreement in place, a source told Entertainment Tonight that the Oscar-winning actress is “pleased to be entering the next stage and relieved at the progress for the health of their family.”
Since Jolie, 43, filed for divorce from Pitt, 54, in September 2016 — citing irreconcilable differences — the pair’s split has been very public and, at times, very contentious.
In August, the “By the Sea” star filed court documents asking a judge to both finalize their divorce and force Pitt to pay child support for their six children, as well as retroactively pay for what the actress said he allegedly missed as per an informal agreement.
At the time, Pitt’s lawyer, Lance Spiegel, spoke out against Jolie’s claims about him not paying child support, calling the claims “unnecessary” and “a thinly veiled effort to manipulate media coverage,” according to People.
In response, Jolie’s lawyer DeJean hit back stating: “Angelina’s filing of yesterday was both legally appropriate and factually accurate in all respects.
“What has been filed by Brad’s side today is a blatant attempt to obfuscate the truth and distract from the fact that he has not fully met his legal obligations to support the children,” the statement, obtained by Us Weekly, concluded.
Fox News’ Julius Young and Tyler McCarthy contributed to this report.