Ever dreamed about living in a palace? Like Buckingham Palace, for example? Well, it’s a nice place, so why not? This ostentatious home is pretty old and huge, but the location is close to schools and shopping! And besides that, it’s got a lot of interesting secrets. When you learn about them you’ll get a glimpse of what it’s like to live there.
Did you know, for example, that the Royal family can receive treatment without leaving the palace? Or that the River Tyburn flows under the south wing of the palace, revealing the fact that the building was set up on swampland? Or that the site where the royal residence is located now was once occupied by a monastery. And some believe that’s the reason why the place is haunted by the ghost of a monk who used to live in that monastery…
Other videos you might like:
14 Strict Rules Princesses Are Forced to Follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmcUo5vwSI&
20 Things to Avoid to Become a Real Lady https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR4hORZ4jjM&
12 Unexpected Etiquette Rules from Around the World https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjN7Sp-DwQ4&
A Whopping number of rooms 0:28
No waiting in line 1:06
ATM in the basement 1:30
Moving chandeliers 1:54
A fully equipped doctor’s office 2:17
The largest private garden in London 2:43
Secret river 3:23
Post office 3:46
Zip code 4:12
Spooky neighbor 4:37
Labyrinthe of secret tunnels 5:04
It wasn’t originally built for kings and queens 5:38
Unexpected visitor 6:20
Is anybody home? 6:54
Tik-tok’s everywhere 7:16
The number of visitors 7:49
Tours for ordinary people 8:28
Oldest helicopter pad in London 9:09
Not a crumb goes waste 9:39
Birth announcement 10:06
#royalfamily #BuckinghamPalace #brightside
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– We all know that Buckingham Palace is huge, but just to help you comprehend its size, get ready for this information – it has 775 rooms!
– Sometimes you need to get cash fast, so you go to the bank or start looking for an ATM. But if you’re a member of the Royal family, you can forget about all that hassle. All you have to do is go to the basement of Buckingham Palace because there’s an ATM right there!
– Chandeliers can be lowered to a manageable level simply by pressing a button on the remote control.
– Imagine 30 football fields and you’ll get the idea about the size of the Palace garden that stretches for 39 acres.
– You probably already have the idea that Buckingham Palace isn’t simply a building, but more like a mini-town, since the royalty can get pretty much any service there.
– Some used to say that there’s a secret tunnel that connects Buckingham Palace and London Tube. It’s just a rumor, but the royal residence does have tunnels.
– During the long history of Buckingham Palace, there were a few cases of ordinary people sneaking inside.
– If you ever visit London and find yourself near the palace, you can find out in no time if the Queen is at home. When she’s there, the Royal Standard flag is flown over her residence.
– As you can guess, The Queen and all other members of the Royal family have a pretty packed-up schedule. That’s why it’s so important for them to know the right time in order not to be late.
– Obviously, when you’re the Queen, you just have to host a lot of events and functions. More than 50,000 guests visit Buckingham Palace every year.
– If you doubt the Queen will invite you to one of her parties any time soon, you can always take a tour of Buckingham Palace.
– In 1953, a helicopter landed in the palace garden for the first time, and since then, that spot served as a helicopter landing area without any special construction for many years.
– When there’s a Royal birth, they place an official announcement outside the main entrance of the Palace to let everybody know if it’s a boy or a girl and the weight of the newborn as well.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Stock materials (photos, footages and other):