They say success is a mindset. No offense to whoever “they” are, but that doesn’t really help most people much. So what about a real-life example to live by? If you’ve got problems with procrastinating, feeling overwhelmed by all the stuff you need to get done, and just overall pitiful time management skills, this is what can help you. Okay, now, who’s one of the most successful and productive dudes out there? You’re right! It’s Elon Musk!
This guy is a productivity ninja who’s mastered the art of time management. He heads multiple companies, the most well-known being Tesla and SpaceX, and has admitted that he works 100 hours a week or more! Let’s try to follow his typical schedule for a week.
Other videos you might like:
Why “C” Students Are More Successful Than “A” Students https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGq4thkAk5E&
12 Things That Ruin a First Impression Immediately https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrbnTZPjg0k&
Why I Started Waking Up at 5:30 AM And How It Changed My Life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmORMKTHuOs
6 hours of sleep isn’t enough, Mr. Musk! 1:07
New “diet” 2:35
Golden productivity rule 4:05
The first results (I was mind-blown!) 5:14
What about phone calls? 5:52
Where Musk gets his energy 6:31
The fun part – the weekend! 6:58
Some conclusions 7:35
#elonmusk #success #brightside
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– I started on a Sunday evening by planning my week ahead based on what I’d read about Elon Musk’s routine. Much to my dismay, the first thing I found out is that he wakes up at 7am every single day and functions on just 6 hours of sleep!
– I’m a pretty traditional guy – I like to get my recommended 7-9 hours of shuteye each night, so 6 hours was not enough.
– Elon Musk skips breakfast… Well, at least he drinks coffee! To be honest, the first couple of days with no breakfast hit me hard.
– One of Musk’s golden productivity rules is to work in a 5-minute block system, which means that for 5-minutes, I had to stay completely focused on one thing and then switch to another.
– Some of my projects take hours to finish. But by breaking them down into smaller steps that I spent less time on, in the end, it took me fewer hours to get my projects done!
– The first day, what used to take me a solid 8 hours to do ended up taking me just 6. By the week’s end, I’d cut that number down to 4!
– As for phone calls, Elon suggests NOT taking any calls during the day except for emergencies.
– I really saved a lot of time on the email thing. I would’ve never guessed I was wasting so much time going through my inbox!
– So, I hit the gym twice this week, and, I gotta say, I think I understand where Musk gets his energy – working out really does charge your battery, so to speak.
– Getting 6 hours of sleep is not for me, but I like getting up at 7 and having time to plan my day ahead. So, I’ll hit the sack at 12am to get that precious extra hour of shuteye.
– And I’ll spend some of that extra hour on a good breakfast. Even if experts say you can go without, I’d prefer to fill my tank before I head to work!
– Planning the day ahead and tackling tasks in 5-minute blocks will be my new norm.
– I’ll continue ditching my phone during work hours and keeping the emailing at a minimum because this saved me loads of time.
– I’m enjoying the gym, and I feel really good! It’s even become a sort of new hobby of mine.
– As for the weekends, I need my Saturdays, man! I understand Elon has a lot on his plate, but I’m no CEO or entrepreneur, so I can afford to take 2 days off a week instead of just one.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC