Hey, do you have any plans for your next vacation? How about seeing India? Hold on now! Just because it might feel like it’s a world away (both figuratively and literally!), that doesn’t mean it isn’t a tourist-friendly country. And more importantly, a trip to India won’t cost you nearly as much as you’d think!
Other videos you might like:
10 Countries That Have Extremely Different Concepts of Male Beauty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf_wBKnhKFM&
Never Do These Things in Foreign Countries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vllWyVBHnyM&
What Every Country In the World Is Best At? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkLsAJ2TEEE&
Did you know Taj Maha is a mausoleum? 0:27
The man who “sold” the Parliament House of India 1:11
Why India is one of the world’s youngest populations 1:42
Languages of India (it’s impressive!) 2:27
Cell service and mobile Internet in India 2:57
Dinner for a dollar 3:30
The Land of Spices 4:08
Are Indians vegetarians or meat-eaters? 4:36
The most popular sport in India 5:17
Ganges river dolphin 5:48
The Kumbh Mela gathering that is visible from space 6:20
The color festival Holi 7:02
Indian money 7:36
Bad news to coin collectors 8:08
Freddy Mercury was of Indian descent 8:42
Indian beauties 9:02
You familiar with Chutes and Ladders? 9:33
Music by Epidemic Sound https://www.epidemicsound.com/
– Taj Mahal has been one of the Seven Wonders of the World for quite some time. The construction was commissioned in 1632, and it’s believed that it took up to 21 years to complete the entire project.
– There was an infamous Indian conman who repeatedly “sold” different landmarks in the country, including the Taj Mahal and the Parliament House of India!
– With around 51 births every minute (that’s over 73,000 a day!), this country has one of the fastest-growing populations in the world.
– There are about 780 languages spoken in India, but some sources put it in the thousands. Whatever the case, only 22 have been recognized as official languages.
– You’ll be happy to know that cell service and mobile Internet is very cheap in India.
– If you go to a restaurant and order a whole meal with chicken or even fish, your bill could be as little as $1!
– In case you haven’t heard of the Land of Spices, India produces around 70% of the world’s supply.
– A State of the Nation Survey in 2006 showed that up to 31% of the Indian population is vegetarian, and another 9% do eat eggs but no forms of meat.
– Cricket is the most popular sport in the country, much like soccer in Europe or football in the US.
– The Ganges Dolphin is unique to this river. Unfortunately, their numbers are drastically decreasing due to increasing pollution.
– Kumbh Mela is the two-month mass pilgrimage of those of Hindu faith to bathe in the Ganges.
– Kumbh Mela is one of many festivals celebrated in the Indian culture, but the brightest has to be the color festival Holi.
– Indian bills also have Braille markings so that blind people can read their values.
– Another fun fact on the topic of Indian money: it’s illegal for foreigners to take rupees in or out of the country.
– Did you know that the iconic band’s frontman Freddy Mercury was of Indian descent? His name at birth was Farrokh Bulsara, and both of his parents were from Bombay!
– India has the highest number of winners for the Miss World competition with a total of six! Only Venezuela has produced the same amount of title-holders since the beauty pageant’s start in 1951.
– You familiar with Chutes and Ladders? Well, this popular classic dates back to ancient Indian times and was known as ‘Moksha Patam’.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC