Douye Diri is a businessman, politician, and lawmaker. He was born on June 4, 1959, he is representing Yenagoa, Kolokuna and Opokuma Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives.
Senator Douye started his career as a teacher and taught in several Government Schools in the Rural Area in the Old Rivers State.He is a son to A.J.M Diri of Kalama-Owinari.
He emerged winner of the governorship primary election of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Bayelsa State on the 4th of September, 2019.
The Governor Darius Ishaku-led PDP Bayelsa State Governorship Primary Committee conducted the exercise at the Dr. Gabriel Okara Cultural Centre, Yenagoa.
|Place of Birth||Kolokuma/Opokuma|
|State of Origin||Bayelsa|
|Office||Rep. Yenagoa, Kolokuna and Opokuma Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives.|
He was born on 4 June 1959 in Kolokuma/Opokuma Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, as of 2019 Douye Diri is aged 60 years old.
- He Started his basic education at Okoro Primary School Sampou.
- Earned his First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) in 1977 at Rev. Proctor Memorial Primary School Kaima (then State school Kaima).
- Obtained his West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASCE) at Government Secondary School Odi in 1981.
- Obtained his Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) at the College of Education in Port-Harcourt, Rivers state in 1985.
- Earned his Bachelors of Education degree in Political Science at the University of Port-Harcourt, Rivers State in 1990.
- Taught in several Government Schools in the Rural Area in the Old Rivers State.
- First National Organizing Secretary of the Ijaw National Congress (INC), the foremost organization of the Ijaw Nation.
- Executive Secretary, Centre for Youth Development in Bayelsa State (2000-2002).
- Commissioner for Youth and Sports (2005-2006).
- Council Board member university of Maiduguri (2008-2012).
- Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Disciplinary Council, Bayelsa State (2012).
- Deputy Chief of Staff, Government House, 2012
- Principal Executive Secretary (2013-2014).
- Federal House of Representatives to represent Kolokuma, Opokuma, and Yenagoa Federal Constituency, 2015.